The Magna-Mike® 8600 is a portable thickness gage that uses a simple magnetic method to make reliable and repeatable measurements on nonferrous materials. Operation of the Magna-Mike is very simple. Measurements are made when its magnetic probe is held or scanned on one side of the test material and a small target ball (or disk or wire) is placed on the opposite side or dropped inside a container. The probe's Hall Effect sensor measures the distance between the probe tip and target ball. The measurements are instantly displayed on the large color thickness display.
- Two new durable probe designs:
--Straight and Right Angle
- Replaceable Wear Caps
--Standard and Chisel tip
- Expanded target selection
--3/16 and 1/4 in. magnetic target balls
- Expanded thickness range up to 25.4 mm (1.00 in.)
- Larger Color VGA display
- RS-232, USB and VGA outputs
- Fast Measurement update rate 60 Hz
- Programmable instrument lock with password
- Designed for IP67 rating
- Expanded alphanumeric data logger
- Save and Recall stored calibration files
Two New Probe Designs with Replaceable Wear Caps
The Magna-Mike is available with both straight and angled magnetic probes that feature replaceable wear caps to extend the probe's durability and reduce replacement costs.
Internal Alphanumeric Data Logger
The Magna-Mike® has an extensive file-based alphanumeric data logger that is designed to easily store and transfer thickness readings.
You have the ability to store thickness readings in one of four standard file formats: Incremental, Sequential, Sequential with Custom Point and 2-D Grid.
- Single Send or File Send directly to an Excel spread sheet using WINXL
- Send data to other SPC program
- Both USB and RS-232 outputs
- Export files to a removable MicroSD card in .txt and CSV formats
- Generate on-board reports
Direct Interface to Excel Spread Sheets
The Magna-Mike 8600 has RS-232 and USB outputs that enable the instrument to directly send data to an Excel spread sheet. The included WINXL interface program enables you to single send or file send thickness readings.