The USN 60 flaw detector series has been optimized for use in direct sunlight and operation at extreme temperatures. These new characteristics make the instruments ideally suited for outdoor use with its increased long battery operation time.
Depending on the applications challenges, you have the choice between the USN 60 and the USN 60L version.
Outstanding ultrasonic performance
The combination of the rugged USN durability, 11 hours of battery operation, fast rotary knob operation, outstanding ultrasonic performance, and the "square wave pulser" form powerful portable ultrasonic inspection tool.
Optimized outdoor use design
The USN 60 / USN60L flaw detectors are especially designed to be used outdoors:
- Extreme temperature use
(-20°C to +55°C /-4°F to 130°F)
- Easy to view in direct sunlight
- 11 hours battery operation
- Hi-resolution color LCD display produces “Analog Look and Performance” echo dynamics.
- 4 selectable vibrant display color schemes to match lighting conditions.
- Gates and gate functions are color coded for easy identification and fast adjustment.
User preferred features:
- Simple operation with fast rotary knob adjustments; gain is always directly accessible with the left-hand rotary knob and lockable.
- Auto CAL makes calibration fast & easy.
- 15 Hz to 6 kHz (spike mode) PRF and 15 Hz to 2 kHz (square mode) PRF (pulse repetition frequency).
- 2 independent gates monitor amplitude and sound path distance for both flaw detection and thickness measurement applications.
- 250 KHz to 25 MHz frequency range.
- RF display mode enhances signal evaluation and bond inspection of dissimilar materials.
- 4 selectable damping settings (50, 75, 150, 500 ohms) for optimum probe performance.
- 1 mm to 28 m (0.040” to 1100”) range (in steel) covers thin to lengthy acoustically clean materials.
- dB REF key evaluates subsequent echoes gain value and amplitude against the highest echo in Gate A (reference echo) when activated.
- IF (Interface) Gate Option for automatic start of the display, Gate A, Gate B, and / or DAC / TCG for immersion testing applications.
- VGA Output Option provides an easy way to connect
to a PC monitor or PC projector for viewing by large audiences or training purposes.
- RF Output Option outputs the raw RF waveform via a standard Lemo connector for further analysis.
- BEA (Backwall Echo Attenuator) Option allows independent gain control of the region under Gate B for backwall echo monitoring.
- 19" Rack Mount Model.