Olympus is a world-leading manufacturer of innovative test and measurement solutions for corrosion. Leading-edge testing technologies include: Conventional Ultrasound, Eddy Current and Eddy Current Array, Microscope Solutions, Phased Array, and Analytical Solutions: X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) / X-ray Diffraction (XRD).
Olympus analytical solutions include:
- XRF: DELTA and X-5000
- XRD: TERRA, BTX-II and BTX Profiler
Applications where analytical solutions can combat corrosion.
- Grade and chemical composition verification of alloys (XRF)
- Maintenance of large engines: corrosive and abrasive wear metal content in oil (XRF)
- Identification of corrosion products and scale deposits (XRD)
What results do our analytical instruments provide?
Elemental analystis by XRF (X-ray Fluorescence). XRF allows the determination of concentration of chemical elements from a few ppm to 100%.
Phased idenitfication by powder XRD (X-ray Diffraction). Powder allows the identification of solid crystalline compounds. For example, youc an differentiate pure iron (Fe) from magnetite (Fe3O4) powder.
- Handheld XRF FAC Corrosion Prediction by Cr in Carbon Steel
- HHXRF for HF Aklylation Units Corrosion Prediction by Residuals in Carbon Steel
- Detection of Calcium, Zinc, Sulfur, and Phosphorus in Lubricating Oils
- Scaling and Corrosion Residue Identification - Characterize Deposits on Pipes and Valves
- PMI Inspection and Material Verification for Hot, In-Service Testing